bookworm
I'm kicked. I just finished the Storm Of Swords,(3rd in the "A Song Of Ice And Fire" series).
I surfed the net for a few minutes, then found myself wondering why I wasn't reading.
It took me a minute to realise that I had finished the book.
But the itch wouldn't go away.
I needed my fix. My dose of fantasy. The dragons, the wolves, the wargs and the wryms.
I needed the Balefire and the Truesource, Callandor and Andúril.
The hobbits and the ents, the Aes Sedai and Watchers.
The Lannisters and the Starks, and Dani the Dragon Mother. Oh to walk beside you.
I need to run with the Wolves and fly dragonback.
Walk in the valleys of war, corpse filled hills and burning fields.
The stench of the death, the rush of war,
The beauty of deceit.
The Dark and the Light
I love it all.. I need it all.
My hole to hide, my world all mine.
Escapism... so sweet a drug.
I need my fix ...
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------..........
As I was saying... I'm kicked..... I downloaded a whole bunch of e-books... which had about 20 Anne McAffrey books!!
woohoo!!.. The Queen of Dragonlore herself. How long I've waited. After I read Eragon(Christopher Paolini ..17yrold kid), I realised I wanted more.
More Dragons! ... The back of the book mention Anne McAffrey and the Dragonriders of Pern. I vaguely recalled some author setting his story around Pern on the Naked Blades Erotic stories website (which I stumbled upon while looking for normal erotic porn).
That was the search that got me addicted...
I didn't find any of the Pern series... but searches for the word 'Dragon' on kazza gave me the Dragonlance series..
Ahh... The addiction.... I am now a superbook worm..
here's a list.. as well as I can remember.. of the fantasy books I've read in 2004. Prior to that the only other were LOTR and the Hobbit.
Wtf.. I'm typing the whole list!.. will take me 10 min atleast.
Dragonlance -(AMAZING series .. All these books below are part of the Dragonlance series... The Best ones are by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, the creators of this series)
This series was created to support a game called Dungeons and Dragons. Unheard of in India, D&D is probably one of the most famous Role Playing Games in the history of our planet,... infact I think they invented the current style of RPGs..
The game series was/is so popular.. that the Game industry today would be completely different if D&D had never existed..
The influence of it is Phenomenal in a way I can't describe.. so I won't try anymore..
here;s the list..
(All these were read in 2004... and are over 400-500pges atleast)
DeathGate Cycle series
'Dragon Wing (The Death Gate Cycle, Book 1)'
'Elven Star : The Death Gate Cycle, Volume 2
'Fire Sea : The Death Gate Cycle, Volume 3
'Serpent Mage
'The Hand of Chaos: A Death Gate Novel, Volume 5
'Into the Labyrinth
'The Seventh Gate
First Generation:
Chronicles : (The actual first series.. Damn.. i loved this. The characters are great. These are books without peers ,, I mean it.. Even if you don't like fantasy)
Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning
Legends Trilogy (aahha,,, The depth.. the story of two brothers... very very good)
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins
The Raistlin Chronicles:
The Soulforge
Brothers in Arms
The Second Generation
Chronicles Series Contd:
Dragons of Summer Flame
Dragons of a New Age Trilogy :
The Dawning of a New Age
The Day of the Tempest
The Eve of the Maelstrom
Ok... I can't remember the order.. but roughly..
Heroes series
The Legend of Huma
Preludes:
Brothers Majere
War of Souls
1. Dragons of a Fallen Sun (2000)
2. Dragons of a Lost Star (2001)
3. Dragons of a Vanished Moon (2002)
There are about 5 more that I can't remember,,,
Ofcourse .. after that,... Damn,....
My minds blank now.. I'lll try and put up a complete list later..
Back to Pern now.
I surfed the net for a few minutes, then found myself wondering why I wasn't reading.
It took me a minute to realise that I had finished the book.
But the itch wouldn't go away.
I needed my fix. My dose of fantasy. The dragons, the wolves, the wargs and the wryms.
I needed the Balefire and the Truesource, Callandor and Andúril.
The hobbits and the ents, the Aes Sedai and Watchers.
The Lannisters and the Starks, and Dani the Dragon Mother. Oh to walk beside you.
I need to run with the Wolves and fly dragonback.
Walk in the valleys of war, corpse filled hills and burning fields.
The stench of the death, the rush of war,
The beauty of deceit.
The Dark and the Light
I love it all.. I need it all.
My hole to hide, my world all mine.
Escapism... so sweet a drug.
I need my fix ...
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------..........
As I was saying... I'm kicked..... I downloaded a whole bunch of e-books... which had about 20 Anne McAffrey books!!
woohoo!!.. The Queen of Dragonlore herself. How long I've waited. After I read Eragon(Christopher Paolini ..17yrold kid), I realised I wanted more.
More Dragons! ... The back of the book mention Anne McAffrey and the Dragonriders of Pern. I vaguely recalled some author setting his story around Pern on the Naked Blades Erotic stories website (which I stumbled upon while looking for normal erotic porn).
That was the search that got me addicted...
I didn't find any of the Pern series... but searches for the word 'Dragon' on kazza gave me the Dragonlance series..
Ahh... The addiction.... I am now a superbook worm..
here's a list.. as well as I can remember.. of the fantasy books I've read in 2004. Prior to that the only other were LOTR and the Hobbit.
Wtf.. I'm typing the whole list!.. will take me 10 min atleast.
Dragonlance -(AMAZING series .. All these books below are part of the Dragonlance series... The Best ones are by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, the creators of this series)
This series was created to support a game called Dungeons and Dragons. Unheard of in India, D&D is probably one of the most famous Role Playing Games in the history of our planet,... infact I think they invented the current style of RPGs..
The game series was/is so popular.. that the Game industry today would be completely different if D&D had never existed..
The influence of it is Phenomenal in a way I can't describe.. so I won't try anymore..
here;s the list..
(All these were read in 2004... and are over 400-500pges atleast)
DeathGate Cycle series
'Dragon Wing (The Death Gate Cycle, Book 1)'
'Elven Star : The Death Gate Cycle, Volume 2
'Fire Sea : The Death Gate Cycle, Volume 3
'Serpent Mage
'The Hand of Chaos: A Death Gate Novel, Volume 5
'Into the Labyrinth
'The Seventh Gate
First Generation:
Chronicles : (The actual first series.. Damn.. i loved this. The characters are great. These are books without peers ,, I mean it.. Even if you don't like fantasy)
Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning
Legends Trilogy (aahha,,, The depth.. the story of two brothers... very very good)
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins
The Raistlin Chronicles:
The Soulforge
Brothers in Arms
The Second Generation
Chronicles Series Contd:
Dragons of Summer Flame
Dragons of a New Age Trilogy :
The Dawning of a New Age
The Day of the Tempest
The Eve of the Maelstrom
Ok... I can't remember the order.. but roughly..
Heroes series
The Legend of Huma
Preludes:
Brothers Majere
War of Souls
1. Dragons of a Fallen Sun (2000)
2. Dragons of a Lost Star (2001)
3. Dragons of a Vanished Moon (2002)
There are about 5 more that I can't remember,,,
Ofcourse .. after that,... Damn,....
My minds blank now.. I'lll try and put up a complete list later..
Back to Pern now.

<< Home