Sooperfishial

Disbanded.

Friday, January 14, 2005

aisay?

15th January 2005.. The Deadline..

Dum dum dum dum!

My mind is still blank, writers block.
Well.. to be honest I haven't tried yet. I have this essay to write, 1500 words, by tomorrow.
I've got no excuses this time, I've had more than a few months time.
If this goes well, I spend my summer in Europe, backpackking across the continent. Yeh.. a lot riding on 1500 words ..
hehe
damn.
Laziness + Fear of not getting it right = Absolute Inaction.

Here is the topic.. your ideas are most welcome.. and if you know anyone who could help.. forward them the link.
PLEASE HELP!
I'll buy you a toblerone from Zurich.... hell.. I'll buy you 10!

:)


State – Retain economic-political power

New organisational structures enable companies to distribute almost the entire value creation chain freely around the world. It becomes increasingly attractive for global enterprises to shift a site or office to a foreign country and, thus, to react to increasing expenses caused by political decisions in areas like environmental protection, consumer protection or social security contributions. How can the state keep the economic-political power in this situation and, moreover, how can the attractiveness of a location be increased? Will privatisation of infrastructure result in a long-term improvement of the general economic environment? How can it be prevented that globally operating enterprises misuse their market power on national markets?



Assumptions can refer to specific countries or economic areas in order to develop a solution.