Sooperfishial

Disbanded.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Religion?

_

_
Is part of religion Pre-emtive absolution?

think about it?.. do people pray so that they be forgiven in the future?

Is it just forgiveness for out past sins?

How much of religion is geared towards preemtive absolution?




I've noticed a slight trend lately...
the growth of Christianity in India.. more specifically Born Again Christians..

lots of nice things are done here... Rock bands playing gospel music, feverent yet greatly joyuous praying... prayer-meetings where you are showered with love, understanding and prayer from others, mostly strangers.... and through it all continous praising of the Lord.

Now.. I've been for one small prayer meeting with a friend of mine, G.
There were 5 of us... and one chap was a church pastor-type.. not really a pastor.. I think they call him a church leader.
Great guy, really young.. probably around 26..

The praying was great.. wonderful.. sweet...joyous..
We prayed for each other... and it was glorious in a way.

They prayed for me, ppl I didn't know prayed for me.. what a feeling...!.. can't describe it..

And yes.. I did feel it... The presence of God, or somethign..
or maybe it was just the vibes... But it was a great feeling...
I was at peace... and that is so so rare for me..
Inner-peace....

So... why am I not a christian?.. Why do I not give into the Bible, give my faith to Jesus.. mind, body and soul?



because I can't... not yet...

Perhaps its not my time... Perhaps .. I fear that I would hurt my parents gravely.. both of whom are Hindus,... sindhis actually.. Sufi's to be more precise.

Or maybe I'm just egoistic... As usual wanting to do my own thing... not giving into God... Going the opposite direction, just cause everyone else isn't...

Or maybe.. I still have too manyt questions.. I love the prayer.. the peace.. The feeling of belonging, that my heart yearns for so strongly.. and yet have never felt.

Too many questions. I don't believe the Bibile is God's true text.
And not for the same reasons that most have..
The thing is.. when I read the Bible.. or any religious text...I see Why they were writen that way.
Why are there such stories. I know that I see the deeper meanign easily..
More than that I know what lead one to do it... I can almost feel the evolution of thought,.. leading the writer to put it down..

I understand that these texts.. all of them.. had a purpose...

Broadly.. we could say that is was to promote the religion... but truly... it was to create and bind a society. These were the ideals... the rules, the ideas, the beliefs that would be required to set up and society and safegaurd its future..

Man has to be protected from himself. That is society's purpose in truth..
Not just from the nature of men.. but from his own heart.

Chrisitians say, and well.. almost all religions do too., That the Heart of man is impure... It is flawed. And that is the cause for it all..


Well... DUH!


I can't say where I'm going from here.. I tend to fly off at tangents.
Look around u carefully... and I want you to notice something..
Think about it and tell me...

How much is religion an addiction?

A friend of mine, who recently converted, told me that The Lord was her backbone.. That God made it so , that we need faith to survive properlly.. She didn't use these words, but thats what she said... even if she didn't realise it properly..

And.. thats what all religions say right?
so..
We are meant to be weak, until we have faith in God..........
I agree.... with the statement.... BUt.. hear me out..

FAITH... we all know the strength of it...
It amplifies what strenght you have a million-fold. Mountains crumble and seas part before people with faith...

But faith in what??

EasY Conventional Modern Pseudo-Intellectual Answer : FAITH IN YOURSELF!

BAH!!

That can only do so much... Strength is often needed.. are perhaps most needed when one fails one's ownself...
Then how will you look to yourself?

No.. we need faith in another... something MORE than us

Bigger, stronger, better.... purer...
Someting bigger than our worries.. our fights, our pain, our loves and our hates.....

Well... faith in other people won't work too well here.
Even the greatest Guru can command only so much purity..
Yes.. they are great mediums.. and when it comes to God-men deceiving those who want to believe is easy.
BUt people die... and faith in other humans can last only so many generations.. before fading or being abandoned..
(I'll discuss faith in 'great' or holy ppl later..)


THE POINT IS... who's left?

Duh! ain't it...
There is no choice...
God...

any miracle and be laid at his feet, any curse could be him punishing you... or if you believe yourself innocent(cause ure so rightous) then blame it on the devil...

And it goes on....

I'm trying to pen down the Evolution of it all.. though I'm looking for a better word than evolution..
lets see..

Ok..I'm hungry now..
Later