1:29 AM
1:29AM, Wednesday....
. I'm at office.. playing games... A game, KNight online, to be more specific.
This game has taken up so much of my time over the years, its not funny any more..
been Worse for Shiv, its an addiction for him.. SOmething thats got everyone quite worried actually.
Me, I'm cool.. not as bad as him.. or someother ppl I meet ingame..
I guess I feel kinda guilty.. ...
or maybe not... Guess I feel guilty about not feeling guilty.. you never know...
Mmorpgs... I feel like a tobacco salesman..
MMOgs have ruined hundreds of marriages and atleast a few 100000 lives around the world...
They're an addiction, a revolution...... a crutch for so many,..
Yet, they're a learning tool for some. A place where you're safe.. Safe from direct criticism, a place where you can't be hurt. You don't need to be 6'2", work out 3 hrs a day and spend 3000 bucks on face-washes to be popular..
Looks don't matter, money doesn't matter.. style doesnt matter..
most of these guys..(even myself at some times) don't have a lot of confidence in real life. Or maybe a lot of faux-confidence.. Self-esteem is a really though issue with a lot of us who live in a global community..
Grow up on American Tv,.. where everyone's perfect, funny, and popular... Everyone's having sex by the time they're 14 and doing really cool things by the time theyre 20..
...
Its tough to live upto.. ...
MMogs... massively multiplayer online games...
Games.. hmm.. The word when used here is more akin to 'life is a game, love is a game' than to Solitaire or Monopoly.
see.. there are Games and there are games..
...
thing is, the lines are bluring... very very rapidly..
How do I know this?..... .. Why do I know this..?
13 yrs old, No social skills, too much TV, too many books....and not much healthy human interaction..
The net... what a major part of my life it became..
Like a extension of my mind... felt like my fingers stretched on to infinity when they touched the keyboard...
What if you could hang out with visual representations of your friends instead of just MSN or yahoo.
What if you could go back to the more primitive side of yourself..
To hunt together.. to kill together..
The chase, the lure, the capture.... Take down the mammoth with spears and flame...
One distracts, another attacks... .
Strategy, aggression... sacrifice... .... ....
How can you bond more than that,,, ,,,
and thats why MMORPGs are as addictive as they are.
They let us bond, to build a community at a very primitive instinctual level.... You hunt to become stronger, to survive, to be he best.. And you do it all with friends who you'd trust with your (virtual) lives..
...
Anyway.. i need to repair my armor... My mage is getting impatient..
Back to the Nation of Karus..
;;.. Ciao.
. I'm at office.. playing games... A game, KNight online, to be more specific.
This game has taken up so much of my time over the years, its not funny any more..
been Worse for Shiv, its an addiction for him.. SOmething thats got everyone quite worried actually.
Me, I'm cool.. not as bad as him.. or someother ppl I meet ingame..
I guess I feel kinda guilty.. ...
or maybe not... Guess I feel guilty about not feeling guilty.. you never know...
Mmorpgs... I feel like a tobacco salesman..
MMOgs have ruined hundreds of marriages and atleast a few 100000 lives around the world...
They're an addiction, a revolution...... a crutch for so many,..
Yet, they're a learning tool for some. A place where you're safe.. Safe from direct criticism, a place where you can't be hurt. You don't need to be 6'2", work out 3 hrs a day and spend 3000 bucks on face-washes to be popular..
Looks don't matter, money doesn't matter.. style doesnt matter..
most of these guys..(even myself at some times) don't have a lot of confidence in real life. Or maybe a lot of faux-confidence.. Self-esteem is a really though issue with a lot of us who live in a global community..
Grow up on American Tv,.. where everyone's perfect, funny, and popular... Everyone's having sex by the time they're 14 and doing really cool things by the time theyre 20..
...
Its tough to live upto.. ...
MMogs... massively multiplayer online games...
Games.. hmm.. The word when used here is more akin to 'life is a game, love is a game' than to Solitaire or Monopoly.
see.. there are Games and there are games..
...
thing is, the lines are bluring... very very rapidly..
How do I know this?..... .. Why do I know this..?
13 yrs old, No social skills, too much TV, too many books....and not much healthy human interaction..
The net... what a major part of my life it became..
Like a extension of my mind... felt like my fingers stretched on to infinity when they touched the keyboard...
What if you could hang out with visual representations of your friends instead of just MSN or yahoo.
What if you could go back to the more primitive side of yourself..
To hunt together.. to kill together..
The chase, the lure, the capture.... Take down the mammoth with spears and flame...
One distracts, another attacks... .
Strategy, aggression... sacrifice... .... ....
How can you bond more than that,,, ,,,
and thats why MMORPGs are as addictive as they are.
They let us bond, to build a community at a very primitive instinctual level.... You hunt to become stronger, to survive, to be he best.. And you do it all with friends who you'd trust with your (virtual) lives..
...
Anyway.. i need to repair my armor... My mage is getting impatient..
Back to the Nation of Karus..
;;.. Ciao.

<< Home