Sooperfishial

Disbanded.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

8000 down, more to go?

Today Earthquake and it's Tsunami have killed 8000 people.. so far.

A piece of news .... no more.
8000 dead, and counting. Headlines flashed accross a TV Screen... Breaking News on a runner on CNN...

8000 dead. I watched TV, popped in a VCD.. ate some chips. Flirted with a chick. Bought new track pants, went to the gym. Ate dinner. Surfed the net, put on some music.
8000 dead...
and I was eating dinner.

Just a piece of news to me... Headlines on a runner...
Tomorrows news... puked accross Page 1 of the ToI..

I'll be eating breakfast, marmalade on toast, a hot cup of tea....
8000 dead... more to come.


Why don't we cry for them.... why dont' we cry?..

How much more am I supposed to take? .....

You know when I realised I lost it.... lost caring ...
I was sitting .. reading the morning paper... and my dad was telling me about some attack or the other.... I asked him what the death toll was... and when he said 20... all I said was that it was barely newsworthy.

20 dead... and I didn't think it interesting enough to read. Garfield was really funny... he ate Jon's breakfast, pushed Odie off tha table.

20 dead and I didn't blink.

8000 gone.... just like that.... and I didn't react..... nothing,,,, No sorrow.. or a little wish to have seen those massive waves.
All I thought about was the waves. ....


We don't cry anymore.. Not for them .... Not until it happens to us.
We don't cry...

I will cry tonight... sob like a child... I don't care if I'm 21 ..

someone must .. for them.